Welcome to my Human Thought Factory Outlet... step inside for a wide selection and HUGE savings on all of my favorite (and random) spews!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Cartoonish Jihad

The recent hubbub about the Mohammad cartoons have really left me amazed. Having been a Christian for years, I'm well accustomed to how the press and media constantly blaspheme MY God... and no one, myself included, seems to riot about it. And no one, much less the press, seems to refrain from offending me in the past. And mind you, this is a GOOD thing! People have the right to blaspheme my religion in a free society. That's what makes it free. So I would have expected every newspaper in the free world to follow in the footsteps of the French and publish the cartoons "because we can!". But amazingly, everyone cowered and made lame excuses about sensitivity. I'm sorry, but this is a double-standard. I've been wanting to write about this for a few weeks now. I have also finally found a well-written article to articulate this point (since I'm incapable of doing it well myself!):

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been under the assumption that the "behead those who..." sign was a photoshop job. Anyone?
\rms

11:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home