Welcome to my Human Thought Factory Outlet... step inside for a wide selection and HUGE savings on all of my favorite (and random) spews!

Monday, January 16, 2006

What's your A.S.S. Factor

A few friends were sitting around the other day talking about how alcohol has a different and varying effect on people's personality. We decided to name this phenomenon and came up w/ ASS - the Alcoholic Shift Syndrome factor or scale. (No, we were not drunk!) So someone with a low ASS factor can drink 2 or 3 drinks and their personality does not change much. But, say, some introvert with a high ASS factor can drink a few drinks and all of a sudden becomes the life of the party... or a nice reserved guy gets 3 or 4 drinks in them and wants to start fights with everyone.

I briefly considered making the ASS scale logarithmic like the Richter scale but that's too complicated (and geeky!). So on a sclae of 0 to 10 (Zero means alcohol has NO effect on your personality; 10 means you become a different person in every way), I would peg myself at a 2.7... I become a bit more friendly and open but since I'm normally that way anyway I think my ASS factor is low.

How about you? What's you'r ASS factor?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh...i think my ass varies on the mood i'm in pre-alcohol and the group or person (as the case may be) that I'm with. To people who know me well...my ass would never really rise above 3 though. To people who don't know me well at all...they'd be shocked to hear me say I'd never been higher than a 3. Never lower than a 1.

3:41 PM

 
Blogger chewie said...

e, I'd peg you at 3 or 4...

10:52 AM

 
Blogger ML said...

I love it, partly because deep down I still think 5th grade humor is hilarious!! I think my ASS factor is a 5. I tend to get a lot more touchy-feely when I've been drinking and I am usually convinced that anyone within my eyesite wants to meet me. Also, I think my ass has an ASS factor. When I've been drinking the ASS factor of my ass is a 10. :)

11:23 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

hmm... i'd say i'm a 4... and mixed drinks (think vodka) tend to elevate it beyond it's typical level ;)
ps: i like the new look - v. snazzy - and waiting patiently for that pic of nate you teased us with :)

11:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess you just don't know me very well spew

2:52 PM

 
Blogger Joel said...

excellent post. I really have no idea and would have to defer to friends for correction but I would say my ASS is pretty low around say 2. We are only talking about 2-3 drinks, right? :)

3:29 PM

 
Blogger r.m said...

Great post - a laughed my ass off when I read it - I can't believe that alcohol was not involved when it was devised! I would have to say that my A.S.S. factor rises exponentially with the number of drinks that I have. If the drinks happen to be Red Bull and Bacardi O then I would definitely have to go with 10 (running marathons has the same effect though - I become a completely different person).

5:10 PM

 
Blogger chewie said...

bri... picture FOR nate... It's on the other blog... check for the captions under the pictures.

E, i came pretty close! Maybe I know you better than you know yourself! :)

rob, I didn't say that alcohol wasn't involved.... just that we weren't drunk

4:52 PM

 
Blogger Jilian said...

I'd probably vote me a 3 or 4, though you wish I was an 8 or 9 ;)

5:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home