Political Frustration
So much stuff going on, politically, in the news. I've been dying to write about each one; however, you'll have to do w/ an all-in-one post!
So we have a new Supreme Court justice. I'm proud of the democrats for standing up to him. I tended to agree w/ the New Republic's view on him: No, not because of Roe vs. Wade, but because of his views on executive power (too much) and who's responsible for making policy in this country: The courts, or the legislation (his record shows more on the courts' side).
Iran is pursuing nukes while saying Israel doesn't have a right to exist. The security council is taking it to the entire UN. WHY isn't this story front-page news every day?!
Hamas, a terrorist organization, has won control of the Palistinian parliamant and wants the world to keep giving them money without renouncing terrorism. And Russia is OK with this! At least I know Bush will stick to his guns on this one! (thankfully!).
Speaking of Palestine, their student org brought to my attention the movie playing at the Lyric this coming week: Paradise Now. Looks pretty intresting. Would anyone like to go? I was going to suggest Friday at 9:15pm. The Palestinian Student Org is going to be there for the 7pm showing.
After his administration has allowed CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) standards to stay abysmally low for 6 years, and after doing everything to help big Oil companies, Bush finally steps up and says we need alternative fuels?
Article of the week:
When "the incident" happened, I couldn't stand Natalie Maines and thought they (the band) deserved the ridicule... I've come 180 degrees and couldn't agree with them more at this point - not just about what was said, but about the internal struggles and growth that Maines has gone through, and her frustrations and what's going on with this country.
Runner up article here. So glad to see Christians starting to push back on this unholy political marriage. I've seen the push-back come from the Christians, but it's good to see it come also from some Republicans.

2 Comments:
I agree, there are crazy things happening in the world. I haven't made any comments about anything because I've been slightly overwhelmed and haven't figured out what all this means. Good post!
7:57 AM
here here, a very nice round up.
11:41 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home