Conversations...
...with the candidates continues this week with Susan Anderson and Tom Sherman.
Both of these people are spoken of highly among the circles I hang out in, although I don't know Susan very well. Tom has been on Town Council for a long time and has been a neighborhood champion. He's definitely "one of the good ones", although he's also accused by some of being "such a politician".
The full schedule can be found on the Citizens First website calendar:
http://www.citizensfirstforblacksburg.org/calendar.html
I should be there for both of these.

2 Comments:
Any thoughts on these two after attending the conversations?
11:26 AM
My thougths so far... Politics is both simple and complicated. It's easy to make statements and take positions, but getting things accomplished within the system that exists is extremely complicated.
Unfortunately, the candidates that I line up with the best ideologically and the ones that I think stand the best chance of moving things forward are not necessarily the same. Having said that, we are very fortunate as a town to have a crop of really great candidates. It will take some careful consideration and thinking to make the right choices.
Town residents will get to vote for 3 open Council seats, but there are 6 candidates vying for those 3 seats.
1:50 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home