Ribbed... without pleasure.
Had a great time this weekend snowboarding up at Snowshoe. I spent a good deal of time in the terrain park. Monica will have to brag about the phat air I busted in the half-pipe... :) But I'll tell the other tale: Due to the fact that Snowshoe assumes that everyone wants to do rails, almost all of their features are now rails, which leaves 99% of the rest of us jumping the ramps off to the side. On one particular attempt, I cut across at too much of an angle on my heel edge, somehow catching my toe edge before becoming airborn, and going sideways at the hight of the jump. I came down on my shoulder and arm, crushing my right side ribcage. Later that night, I got assurances from our resident ER nurses that I didn't break my ribs; however, I may have fractured or bruised them. All I know is they've been sore for a long time now. Oh well... anyone want to go back this Sunday?!

2 Comments:
How are the ribs? Did you make it up there yesterday? Today's the day to be there!
7:29 AM
Still sore, but getting better very slowly. Went up Sunday w/ Abe and had a good time. Sucks to leave when there's 12" forcast on the way!!
4:04 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home