time to Rebel
So, 3.5 years after my wedding, I have finally purchased and received my wedding gift from my wife: A new camera (Canon Digital Rebel 300D w/ 18-55mm kit lens). Why did it take so long? Well, back in 2001, the idea of a digital SLR set you back about $5K... and that's just the idea! So I debated buying a medium format outfit (i did buy a Yashicamat-124 just to play w/ the format), and a nicer film SLR (bought an OM-4 as an extra body to back up my OM-G), but these weren't the answer to a new system (and only set me back $130 total!) I wanted to spend real money on a real system... the problem is that I was quickly getting hooked on digital photography with my elph. After looking into higher-end point and shoots, I decided I wouldn't be really happy unless it was an SLR. It took a few years for these to become affordable, but now they are.
I'm very excited about this purchase because it's a nice camera, it's digital, and it get me back into one of my favorite hobbies.

2 Comments:
Our marriage is finally complete!
-wife
4:49 PM
we need kids to be really complete - individualy or in our marriage.
4:55 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home