Welcome to my Human Thought Factory Outlet... step inside for a wide selection and HUGE savings on all of my favorite (and random) spews!

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Snowboarding

Tis the season... for snowboarding, that is!

Nat and I flew out to Denver and boarded Summit and Eagle Counties. Stayed 2 nights w/ our friend L in Vail. She totally hooked us up w/ some buddy passes. We did 1 day at Vail, 1 at Breckenridge, and 1 at Keystone. I REALLY liked Vail. What a place! There are 5, count 'em, FIVE bowls on the back side! And 4 of them were open! Awesome. 14" of powder everywhere off the beaten path. We got really lucky w/ the conditions. I love boarding out west... a snowboard on 12" or more of powder is like floating through the air. I have to give props to Breck for their terrain parks. They had 2 smaller ones open and 2 half-pipes. The superpipe was amazing! And the coolest thing about it is that it was built at a decent pitch, so you could really pick up some serious speed! I'm still a wus in the pipe - I don't get horizontal enough (huh huh), and I have a hard time concentrating on coming around again. My toe-edge (right) hits are usually better than my heel edge. I think next time we go out west, we should take some lessons. I've hit a plateau and need a nudge...

Tis also the season for kiting... Can't wait for the annual new years OBX trip. I KNOW there's gonna be some wind for our power kites! T minus 3 days until vacation!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jilian said...

Glad you made it out west!! Sounds like a blast. Can't wait to go boarding with you guys!

2:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home