Welcome to my Human Thought Factory Outlet... step inside for a wide selection and HUGE savings on all of my favorite (and random) spews!

Thursday, January 13, 2005

My Excuses

...for not blogging for so long are as follows:

1.) Busy with last-minute Xmas shopping. As always, it wasn't as comfortable as I had hoped, but at least we were done by Xmas. Had a nice time with the fam, but could have done w/ a little less drama. Wife's grandmother had a "moment" when the rest of the family didn't put enough "Christ" in "Christmas". Ask me about it sometime... it's a fun story.

2.) New Years at the outer banks was awesome. What a great time. Having some of our Blacksburg homies (M, J, B, and C) was a blast. You know it's a good time when the hot tub water turns green after 2 days! :)

3.) But the biggest reason for not Blogging lately is that I've been in a state of complete and utter shock and have just regained my ability to type [somewhat] clearly. The reason can be summed up below:



4 Comments:

Blogger ML said...

Finally a picture!! Those are pretty good excuses, we will let you get by with them.

10:40 AM

 
Blogger Jilian said...

very cool!

10:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

S/he's BEAUTIFUL! Very lovely little peach pit sized being, but enough to make his/her parents tremble. Funny.
I look forward to hearing about (1) more. You know that the date of Christmas was set by Constantine probably in order to compete with the god Mithras's birthday? How's THAT for putting the Christ back into Christmas?
xo LSMN

12:08 PM

 
Blogger chewie said...

aha! I knew it was pagan-based, but didn't know which holiday/god it was competing against, nor that it was Constantine who set the date. Very interesting! Out of the first collection of books you got me and my bro, I think the Christmas one is the one I have yet to get my hands on. Do you remember the title? I read the Crossan book (Jesus: A revoltionary biogrophy), Borg (the survey), and even got partially into the Horsley book (Bandits, Prophets, and Messiahs). In addition, I read another by an orthodox writer... Ian.... can't remember the last name. And a few years ago I borrowed and read part of a book by a Jesus Seminar guy who was still more main-stream in his views (the name slips me now).

Anyway, we just got American Jesus in the mail from you! Sweet! I've already put down my current book (Pity the Nation, by Robert Fisk - it's REALLY long and not that well-organized, I might add) to start reading this one. Thanks for that!

3:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home