Welcome to my Human Thought Factory Outlet... step inside for a wide selection and HUGE savings on all of my favorite (and random) spews!

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I Voted... now what?

So for the first time ever, I voted a straight democratic ticket today. OK... there were only 2 races so it wasn't that hard. Now what? I guess we sit back and watch the fun. Let's have a virtual office pool on when 3 of the 4 major networks declare a winner. I say 1:13am November 3rd. Winning prize is a drink on me at any one of Blacksburg fine drinking establishments.

Regardless of the outcome, I'm happy to live in a country with a working democracy and overwhelmingly fair elections. Thanks to everyone who has posted and/or commented on this blog and others, and those who have supplied articles and books. It's a facinating process and one worthy of our time and attention no matter which side you're on. Educated voters are the best kind!

5 Comments:

Blogger Tom Brooks said...

12 noon, november 10th.

4:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chewie, don't take what I said in comments to the Hijacked thread personally.

/coming down from heated high.

5:34 PM

 
Blogger chewie said...

welcome to the cooled low party.... now join the virtual office pool or I'm gonna get pissed!

And Barrett - when will the House decide the presidency? I need a date and time!

5:49 PM

 
Blogger chewie said...

Ha! We're all wrong and I'm the closest, so I'll buy myself a beer and drown my sorrows!

11:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

> Regardless of the outcome, I'm happy to live in a country with a working
> democracy and overwhelmingly fair elections.

Our voting system is completely broken at best. Most experts agree. Each state, each district gets to do things their own way. They create ballots. They train their own personnel. They create artificial barriers. They create obscure rules. They are all late in delivering electronic voting, and over 40 states have declared that they won't get to it until 2006. There is little-to-no federal supervision, and the system is ugly. Almost every other democracy has a better voting system than the US does.

12:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home