Welcome to my Human Thought Factory Outlet... step inside for a wide selection and HUGE savings on all of my favorite (and random) spews!

Thursday, September 23, 2004

freeway blogging?





much more at:
http://www.freewayblogger.com/

5 Comments:

Blogger ML said...

I like the hummer one, but some of the others are a little wacky.

9:32 PM

 
Blogger chewie said...

like which ones? Most of them are pretty good, I thought! c'mon... let's get a political discussion going!

12:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is the best one:

http://www.freewayblogger.com/images/hway_halliburton.jpg

followed closely by:

http://www.freewayblogger.com/images/agw1.jpg


these two of course speak to the two biggest failures of the bush administration, the colossal failure of the iraq war and the erosion of freedom under ashcroft's patriot act.

2:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure I see the point of the middle sign, regarding corporate signage. Sounds like someone's upset they don't get corporate tax shelters...

The Hummer signs are disingenuous at best, plying the old and pitiful canard: "No blood for oil." When I start seeing some friggin' oil, then I'll maybe pay attention to what these birds have to say. Until then, their signage is as illuminating as a bucket of crap.

4:32 PM

 
Blogger chewie said...

Anonymous 1: I like it! The Ashcroft one is hillarious. See my post on FUNdamentalism.

Anonymous 2: One of the biggest threats to our political system and way of life is not, IMHO, terrorism. It's corporate control on our lives. Everything you see and do and read these days is more and more controlled by corporations. So that's the point of that sign (or at least that's the point to me). Ralph nader may be a kook, but he's right on that point.

And I took the hummer sign more to be a statement about the excesses of our society's rich at the expense of our society's less fortunate. But since you brought it up, there is some truth to the notion that we are protecting an oil interest in Iraq in addition to other interests. (I don't believe it's the main reason we're there, but since we're there, we're protecting that interest.) That oil interest wouldn't be as strong if this country would be willing to increase the fuel economy standards (CAFE) or invest in other forms of energy. But no, we should just leave it all unchanged for ANOTHER 14 years. After all, I have to have cheap gas for my Hummer!

7:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home