Welcome to my Human Thought Factory Outlet... step inside for a wide selection and HUGE savings on all of my favorite (and random) spews!

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Fads

"Abercrombie Skirts"
These are the short mini-skirts w/ ruffles that have been all the rage this summer. After a whole summer of seeing them, I can't say I'm crazy about this fad - they're relatively new this season, but yet are already so instantly "trashy" IMHO. Once again, they were all over the boardwalk at the beach and all over campus here. It seems more OK for a 15 year old to be wearing them than a 22 year old, but maybe I've just made a direct link b/w the skirts and the people I've seen wear them? I dunno... thoughts?

Fat boy on a diet - Don't try it!
Is it just me or has the Atkins thing come and gone? I don't know of a single person still on the Atkins. Most of the Atkins faithful I know either dropped it altogether or transitioned to the South Beach diet (which makes more sense to me anyway). But even among those friends I witness a lot of "cheating", which as I understand it leads to even more weight gain than before the diet.

12 Comments:

Blogger Tom Brooks said...

those abercrombie skirts are hot. since the students have come back, i've been walking around with a 24 hour erection.

the south beach diet is much healthier than the atkins. i think most people realize this and have moved over to it. in my 2-3 months on it, my blood pressure droped from 120/80 to 105/65. i also took 2 minutes off my mile time.

5:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that you're seeing fewer Atkins dieters these days is because they die a lot faster. I for one, am sticking to it. Bacon makes an excellent food wrap for added flavor. You can get bacon-wrapped filet, or bacon-wrapped scallops. I've heard that in some trendy restaurants, they even grill bacon-wrapped cherry tomatoes, although I have no idea why you would eat tomatoes. I personally can't wait for the new low-carb supermarket to open downtown. By the time they open their doors, I should be the only Atkins survivor in town.

12:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ever seen a fat runner. If so, they won't be fat or running for long. Forget diets, just start running....not only will your weight, blood pressure, and mile time go down, stress is reduced, sex improved, other activities are more fun b/c you can keep up, you can even keep up with the girls in abercrombie skirts. Basically, a little running makes life more enjoyable and is certainly easier than the torture of the latest diet.

11:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The reason you see fewer people on Atkins is because they die faster than those on other diets.

3:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forget diets, just run. Ever seen a fat boy running? If so, one or the other (running or the fat) won't last for long. Running takes off the pounds, reduces blood pressure, reduces stress, improves sex, makes you look sexier, allows you to enjoy other activitieez because your not out of shape, lets you quickly escape (or keep up with if that's your pleasure) the abercrombie skirt girls, I could go on, so trash the diet resolutions and sign up for a race. Really, it's way easier. -go ruN

1:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry for the repeat...posted yesterday and it never appeared, of course until I reposted today

1:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen fat people run, but they're usually being chased. I've also seen lots of phat people run.

4:49 PM

 
Blogger ML said...

Tom, I don't know you but from your comment you sound like a jacka**. :) However, this being the web, I'm going to say that is fine because I have recently become the angry-pissed-off-woman blogger. The angry-pissed-off role is not one I play in real life and the web being somewhat anonymous, is a nice outlet.

11:27 AM

 
Blogger Tom Brooks said...

ml...

i agree.. i am a jackass. but a good natured one. at least i have the guts to use my name unlike all these anonymous and secret admirer (or should i say admirOr) posters :)

11:39 AM

 
Blogger Tom Brooks said...

ml..

oh.. and sorry about your tigers last night. troy just had their number :)

11:47 AM

 
Blogger ML said...

I know, I cried myself to sleep last night!! I agree, kudos to you for claiming your posts!

1:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate all of you. My finger smells funny.

1:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home