Welcome to my Human Thought Factory Outlet... step inside for a wide selection and HUGE savings on all of my favorite (and random) spews!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Obama's Pragmatism

I really like this blog post, referencing a Wall St. Journal interview about Obama and the economy. The jist of it is that Obama is a pragmatist when it comes to policy... look at the facts and the evidence, choose a course of action that makes sense; don't just pick an advisor or a policy based on your preference, loyalty, or some other political motive (Bush years, anyone?!). Anyway, it's this kind of pragmatism I've embraced in my own life and even in my theology. Always be willing to look at the evidence and adjust your position or course of action. I guess a lot of people who are heavily invested in one political or religious ideology resist this kind of thinking because heaven forbid it might bring about change! Change means abandoning your ideals. But maybe your ideals weren't that ideal (or correct) to begin with. My original ideals certainly were not... I'm constantly tweaking and my life is better for it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home